AUA Ep 3: Mandy is originally from the USA but she's been nomading for almost 12 years, mostly in Europe. She works as a technical project manager (digital nomad) for a small company and once the world returns to a semblance of normalcy she plans to start vandwelling.
Here are a few things we talked about during the interview but there are more extensive show notes here: https://www.anunknownadventure.com/aua3.html
- kiwi.com - flight search engine
- YES you heard correctly - when Mandy first started nomading (in Europe) her budget was $600 US dollars per month! Now it’s $1,000.
- Osprey Talon 44 liter backpack* - this is the men’s version - lins here - https://amzn.to/33p9Nrs
They now offer a 40 liter women’s version - link here* - https://amzn.to/3is0Gul
12 kilos = 25 pounds
Here are some sites re: backpack sizes:
How big is a 40 liter? https://leisurehiking.com/how-big-is-a-40-liter-backpack/
Scotte Vest* - https://amzn.to/3nCcbDl
Information about the 26 Schengen Areas: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-countries-list/
The 26 Schengen countries/areas are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
You can find KA (the host) here:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anunknownadventure/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/anunknownadventure
- Website: https://www.anunknownadventure.com/
*affiliate links, you are not required to use these but if you do it's no extra cost to you and KA earns a few cents :)
Thank you for listening! KA
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.